Idaho Caregiver Alliance News Brief
The Idaho Caregiver Alliance is excited to share some information with you which is why we created an ICA News Brief. Hopefully, your inbox just received it. But, just in case you missed the news, Here is what the brief included.
We are excited to announce that Governor Brad Little will be signing the National Family Caregivers Month Proclamation on November 7th at 9 a.m. If you are around and would like to participate, please email Marilyn at FrontierGroupIdaho@gmail.com by Oct. 31, 2019.
AARP is updating their Idaho Resource Guide and we need your help.
AARP, with the help from our team, is updating their Idaho Resource guide (here is the link to the current Resource Guide). Part of this update depends upon you and your needs. Please take a moment to complete the following survey by Friday, October 18, 2019. Here is the link to the Resource Guide for Family Caregivers Key Informant Survey.
Idaho Commission on Aging to host Town Hall Meetings throughout the state
The Idaho Commission on Aging (ICOA) is conducting town hall meetings statewide to gain public comments on their four-year Senior Services State Plan. Such services include, but not limited to, home-delivered meals, homemaker, respite, senior transportation, home modification, legal assistance, adult protection, and Ombudsman services. Here is a list of the meetings we have been notified thus far:
- Idaho Falls– Monday, October 21st, 11– 3 p.m., Idaho Falls Senior Center
- Ririe– Tuesday, October 22nd, 11– 3 p.m., Ririe Senior Center
- Stone – Thursday, October 24th, 11– 3 p.m., Curlew Senior Center
- Pocatello –Friday, October 25th, 11– 3 p.m., Senior Activity Center
- Twin Falls -Monday, November 4th, 11– 3 p.m., Twin Falls Senior Center
- Burley –Tuesday, November 5th, 11– 3 p.m., Burley Senior Center
- Nampa– Monday, November 18th, 11– 3 p.m., Nampa Senior Center
- Weiser– Tuesday, November 19th, 11– 3 p.m., Weiser